At Labdoo, the imagination is boundless. You can be creative and help in many different ways, from laptop donation to delivery of the laptops. Here is a small fraction of possible mini-tasks you can take quick action on.
- Introduction to the Labdoo Project.
- Help hub members get familiar with the Labdoo process (e.g., describe the state workflow S0 through S6).
- Get familiar with the Labdoo platform (e.g., Labdoo teams, the wiki system, etc.).
- Outreach to Community for Laptop Drives.
- Reuse – Discover idle laptops around you and put them to better use.
- Repurpose – An old laptop can have a new story. It can help provide education resources for underprivileged children.
- Recycle – By properly recycling a laptop, 41 lbs of carbon emission will be prevented from entering the atmosphere. This is equivalent to recycling 270 soda cans.
- Spread awareness among family and friends.
- Set a goal on the number of laptops to be rescued for the semester.
- Plan a laptop drive campaign and design a flyer. Check out the Labdoo toolkit for some ideas and templates: ../content/labdoo-toolkit
- Follow the link HERE to learn how to effectively rescue an idle laptop.
- Conduct a technical workshop.
- Learn how to sanitize a Labdoo laptop .
- Learn how the laptops get delivered without additional expenses and without additional CO2 emissions.
- Find traveling resources among family and friends.
- Try to match existing trip plans with destinations to Edoovillages or other Labdoo hubs and ask travelers to help carry a laptop to its next stop.
- Adopt a project site (Edoovillage).
- Identify an organization that needs laptop resources.
- Help manage communication between the edoovillage, dootripers, and hubs.
- Watch educational videos together (e.g., TED Talks).
- Organize an e-waste drive.
Continue reading to the next page:
Responsibilities of a School Hub Manager
Go back to read the previous page:
Benefits offered to school hub members